Thursday, March 21, 2013

Cycling Divas

     For Kathryn and I spring break does not lack of productivity.  During these past few days Kathryn and I have been kicking ass and taking names!  This week while visiting her grandparents and her sisters family Kathryn has been preparing every aspect of our bake sale fundraiser on Tuesday. That means securing a table, getting ingredients, printing our logos and confirming with our volunteer cooks all while keeping her grandparents company.

     My week began when Kathryn and I asked ourselves the question many women before us have asked.  How am  I gonna coup with cycling all day long during my period? (Just lost any male readers...) Luckily I had experience with an answer to this tricky question known as The DivaCup (a magical device which will make you forget you period exist, save you hundreds of dollars and decrease your carbon foot print... yea magical).  Realizing that this same problem would exist for every woman on our ride I immediately emailed The DivaCup company about our dilemma and boy did they come through!  They were stoked about our cause and were so eager to help they have offered to donate at cup for every one in our group...well for the women folk at least.  Problem solved! But that's not all! They also would like us to write a post for their blog about Bike & Build.  We're so grateful for their interest in affordable housing and would like to thank them for their donation!

Also major thanks to all our donors!  Next time we post we'll both have our bikes!

- AM

No comments:

Post a Comment