Monday, February 4, 2013

Where did my money go?

Hey all, Annamaria here!  

     Kathy and I will be alternating our posts every 5 days.  Today is my turn. 

     Normally, I would post how many miles we were able to do last week while training but unfortunately neither me nor Kathy have a bike yet.  For Bike & Build to send us our bikes we have to have raised $1,000 and passed a safety and policy test.  Right now Kathy is coming in first with a whopping $241.00 while I'm in second with a mere $105.00.  So help me out!  This brings me to the main topic of today which is where does the $4,500 we each raise end up?  Well if only $4,500 are raised than approximately 45%-55% are donated to local affordable housing organizations sometimes affiliated with Habitat for Humanity.  35% is used on programming costs, and only 10% is used on admin*.  A good way to look at these percentages is that half goes straight to affordable housing organizations while the other half goes to facilitating awareness and in turn more donations!  Currently there are 30 riders on our route which has previously been able to raise a total of $180,119* and over the year Bike & Build has raised $4 million.  Help us raise the bar!  

     Last Wednesday we had 79 views, if everyone had donated $20 we would have raised $1,580 in one day!  Please take two seconds to donate what ever you feel you can afford:)

     I will leave you with this awesome video: 


We'll be sure to post a video of our tricks once we get our bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment